The federal government’s HomeBuilder stimulus, announced this month, has received a mixed response from commentators. The scheme grants $25,000 for new home builds and renovations where:
• The recipient is an owner-occupier
• The recipient earns no more than $125,000 per annum as a single applicant or $200,000 for a couple
• The contract is signed between June 4 and December 31 2020
• Construction commences within 3 months of the contract date
• For renovations, the existing property value must be no more than $1.5 million, and the renovation must be worth between $150,000 and $750,000. For new builds, the house and land value must not exceed $750,000.
Click for further details